Thursday, July 14, 2011

The bad thing about goals....

Is they are so incredibly hard to keep and maintain. Just like my goal of consistently updating my blog......that one hardly lasted two weeks. As Katie pointed out to me, it has been almost 1 month exactly since I last blogged. One nice thing about goals is they are always there and no matter how many times you don't follow through on them, they never really go away; unless, of course, you replace it with another goal. Since Katie is gone camping over the next couple of days, maybe now is a great chance to get back on track.

Anyway, it is has gotten much hotter since mid-June. I don't think the low has gotten below 90 at night, maybe upper 80s at the lowest. Thankfully the humidity has died down some, but it's not exactly fun no matter what time of day you're outside. Plus, there's a camel farm or something hideous nearby that decides to stink only at night making the slight relief from the heat almost pointless because of the odor to puts off.

Flying has been alright, long just like last year. We did have a few days where we had to sit on the jet for 5-6 hours because of various issues; temperatures over 100 plus the inside of an aircraft without a cooling cart isn't very fun. We came back pretty drenched on those days. We're just coming off the end of our duty cycle, so we'll be back to flying here shortly. Duty hasn't been bad at all, just manning a desk for a few hours, pushing a few papers, typing up some flag certificates and catching up on corresponding with people back home.

From the non-work related standpoint, I have finished the book on George Washington and started the Southwest Airlines book which is almost complete as well. At the rate I'm going, I'll probably have all my books finished by the end of August which won't be a bad thing considering class will start in August anyway. I'm still very undecided on what to take, not for lack of interest, but because I can't seem to pick between 2-3 classes. I might consider taking a couple, but I have to be careful with how many I take because I'm not yet admitted into the Industrial Engineering program. Hmmmm, choices.....

Well, I don't want to bore everyone and it's getting late. Plus, I still have yet to email Katie. Due to the lack of electrical power and outlets typically associated with the great outdoors, our talk time is somewhat limited over the next several days. I usually don't realize how much I miss her until we have our talking time cut....and right now I'm missing her alot. But, it's only temporary and I'm glad she's getting to spend some time with her family.....even if she is visiting Maine and eating fresh seafood every day (so jealous). Oh well, tis life I suppose and I still love her all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment