Saturday, August 27, 2011

Roll on September

Needless to say, this blog thing has not gone very well so far this deployment. It probably has to do more with the lack of writing subjects, but I guess that's not really too much of an excuse as imagination can always be utilized to develop topics.

Well, another month has almost come and gone out here. Only September and October left...well, really part of November as well, but that's where the mind games come into play and we're viewing the days in November that we'll be here as just a few extra days that don't really count as a month. I know, it really is, but we have to do something to make it seem like it really isn't all that long until we return. Can't wait to see color again....and Katie (more her than anything).

So, marathon training has not been going well. I was supposed to do 11 miles last week and only did about 7 because I wanted to split it up and do half outside and half inside (running on the treadmill can be slightly boring). It wasn't all that hot (well, in comparison to what it had been recently) so I thought it was a good idea, but it turned out not to be. It was hot enough and I got dehydrated enough that the 6 miles I did outside were enough that I was never able to recover and feel right again on the treadmill. Now it's got me thinking that maybe I should just knock it back down to a half. I really want to run a full again, but (1) it's probably best if I just focus on halfs for awhile to build a base and speed and (2) I can't stand the thought of having to train again out in this heat. It's just too much for this broken spirit to take. 

No comments:

Post a Comment