Sunday, June 12, 2011

Feelin' cool at 90 degrees

You know it's hot outside when the forecasted lows are in the 80s and 90 degrees feels slightly refreshing when you walk outside. Although it didn't really matter too much because I still felt hot and slightly overheated after running 4 miles around 9 pm last night. My heat tolerance is somewhat lacking, so I'll have to start building it back up (as if you can ever get use to the heat here).

Besides from slightly cooler temperature, it's also been extremely windy although I would still consider Oklahoma to be windier. Now, this may not always sounds like a bad thing and at night it isn't, but during the day it feels someone turned on a huge blow dryer. Furthermore, all of the sand and dust gets kicked up. I wouldn't call them actual sand storms, but objects in the distance do get a little hazy and you can see the sand being blown occasionally.

I know this is slightly belated, but I do have a few pictures to share from the trip over. I wasn't able to get any at Gander, Newfoundland because it was the middle of the night, but Ireland and Romania turned out really nice though.


This is the coast of the Emerald Isle as we finished our flight across the Atlantic. 



Just like you might expect, it was very green and there were a ton of these hedgerows all over the place....and sheep just about everywhere too.


I'm not for sure what town this is, but I'm pretty sure it's Shannon because we passed it and then turned back towards it. I definitely want to go to Ireland at some point and get to experience it more....maybe next year's spring break trip?

These next few are of Romania. Also a very pretty countryside, but the majority of the structures still had that Cold War feel to it. As we were taxiing in, there were quite a few empty airliners just sitting around and the terminal had this old, smokey smell to it. Interesting still, but I don't know if we'll be making any trips back.




I thought it was interesting the way their fields were kept. Like when you fly over the farmland here in the US, it's kind of divided up into great big squares and rectangles (or massive circles if you're flying over Colorado). Whereas in Romania, the fields were shaped more like long narrow strips. I wish I had thought to take a picture of what they looked like on the hills, but that's what the imagination is for, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment