Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pre-flight

Hopefully by now everyone has had a chance to catch up on the last couple of posts. It's been going well here so far. I've been able to sleep the first couple of nights without a problem, which is really great because it took a good week last year just to get a decent night's sleep. We haven't really been too busy, just trying to get things signed off for in-processing and attending some briefs. 

The base is basically the same way we left it only 8 months ago....hard to believe it hasn't been that long. They've made adjustments to the menu, for example, tonight I had crab cakes which weren't all that bad and I saw a New England broiled dinner on the calendar for later on in the month. Mongolian night is, however, still on the menu....that night may involve Pizza Hut instead for me (bad memories with that meal). 

There are a few more fitness and morale events that are being offered than last year. The chapel also has more worship services and a couple more Bible studies, so I might look at getting involved with one of those. Outside of not being home right now, there's not really a whole lot I can complain about.

We have our first couple of flights this week which will be nice because it will help better establish a schedule. Plus, it'll start making the days go by faster. 

Sorry this post is rather uninteresting tonight. I'll try to post a few pictures within the next couple of days. I was able to finish one book on the way over, so book review #1 should be in the works soon. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little jealous of your New England broiled dinner... it sounds like it's going to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have had more New England seafood/lobster dinners in locations which are no where near NE than you have actually had in New England. We should work on changing that.

    ReplyDelete