Thursday, June 9, 2011

Getting it in gear.

Well, I'm basically on the verge of breaking my one goal of updating this regularly. There's still plenty of time to work on that. It's almost a little hard to believe we've already made it to the end of the first week, although flying every other day does tend to help the time fly (pardon the pun).

So, over the past month I've basically fallen off with running and have no semblance of a training plan going right now. Ben (ran the Tulsa full with me and is out here as well right now) and I ran an inaugural 2nd deployment 3 mile loop the other night which marked the first time since the OKC Half on 1 May that I've actually run. Needless to say, my fitness is a bit lacking right now. Well, what better way to get back into shape than a workout led by Jillian Michaels (the trainer from the Biggest Loser).


She's currently on a USO tour and stopped here for a couple days. Of course, you had to know that she would lead a workout or two. Oh man, I'm still hurting from it. I was expecting it to be a little 20-30 minute workout after which she would talk to us all some.....no, not really. It lasted about 50 minutes and was basically non-stop the entire time; it was not at all what I expected. But, it was really enjoyable all the same and it was really funny to hear her yell, in person, at people instead of on the tv. She and the other tour participants stayed around afterwards for pictures. The guy on the right, Marco I'veforgottenhislastname, is another trainer who co-led the workout with her.


They were both really nice people and it's great that they were willing to come out and visit everyone. Thank goodness for the USO too; Katie and I have used the airport USOs plenty of times during long layovers and we've never been disappointed or had a bad experience with it or any of the volunteers.

Stay tuned.......

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous!! I want to meet her too! And I believe it is Marco Borges... (http://www.marcoborges.com/)

    Great picture - though you look a little sweaty! :-)

    ReplyDelete